Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

SoulFrenzy

I apologize in advance for what I've done

Well after days of turmoil and excruciatingly fun research I have placed an order of a Celestron Omni XLT 120 w/CG-4 mount. I am super excited, this will be my first experience with a refractor and an EQ mount. With that being said I am so so sorry for the six months of cloudy weather and rain. Since I live in the southern US maybe it wont effect too many of you! 

So you're the one! Hrmpfff! I am afraid it seem to affect us world wide though. :-) What a beauty though! Congrats!

Congrats. They look like a lovely scope! Be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Far enought from me and we have the smog back...but it will cross to the UK, be sure of that.. ;-)

your right Baggywrinkle it's here already, high wind and rain,

and it's all your fault Soulfrenzy, I suppose we will have to put

up with it for your new kit, nice scope though. Enjoy!

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your new scope. Now you have that wonderful feeling of waiting for it to arrive to enjoy :grin:

That's very naughty indeed, say three Hail Marys and a........... Oh no wait a mintue that dosen't work on this forum

Edited by starnut

You have chosen a great scope.Long focal length Achro,s can give an Apo scope,a great run for the money.Beautiful clear crystal images.

Enjoy.

Mick.

Congrats on the new scope, tell us all about it and we might consider forgiving you. :p

Well the weathermen have said that the horrid weather we've been having was brewed up in the USA, so now we know who's to blame  :evil:  :grin: .

Very envious.

Ah! I knew it there is always a reason !

And lets know how you get I. It will be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using my fums

It should be here on the 31st in time for the new year. So far the sky is holding steady but rain is in the forecast for the weekend maybe it will blow through and leave the skys crisp and sharp

It should be here on the 31st in time for the new year. So far the sky is holding steady but rain is in the forecast for the weekend maybe it will blow through and leave the skys crisp and sharp

The eternal optimist  :p

The eternal optimist 

My optimisim didn't pay off to well. The cloud cover has been thick and dark with rain moving in tonight. Friday night is forcasted to be clear but extremely cold with a low of 19F (-7C) and then the following days with lows at night into 10F (-12C). I dont care as long as the sky is clear I will be out there. I am itching to get this thing out under the stars for a good test.

You're partly to blame and I'll take the rest of the blame as my new 10" dob is sitting quietly in the corner waiting for first light.

Hate to tell you this but its only going to continue as my new scope is due for delivery today or tomorrow.

Sorry.

Hate to tell you this but its only going to continue as my new scope is due for delivery today or tomorrow.

Sorry.

Well skies are looking good yet for tomorrow night. Hoping the bad weather will stay over there. My dob needs to feed on some photons!