Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Christmas additions to my video setup

hemmi

I added a few additions to my setup this christmas.  First I added a telrad, as I wanted to use the finder bracket for an autoduider.  Next I converted a finder I had around to a guide scope.  I got a  used DSI cam to use with PHD to pulse guide.

All this and I still have not yet got out to video at all.  However I did test the guide scope with the dsi to to make sure I could focus and pick up stars.  Happy to say the DSI picks up plenty of stars rather well, and no issues reaching focus.

Can't wait till I have a free night to test all this new gear out!

post-32769-0-76308900-1388109376_thumb.j

I added a few additions to my setup this christmas.  First I added a telrad, as I wanted to use the finder bracket for an autoduider.  Next I converted a finder I had around to a guide scope.  I got a  used DSI cam to use with PHD to pulse guide.

All this and I still have not yet got out to video at all.  However I did test the guide scope with the dsi to to make sure I could focus and pick up stars.  Happy to say the DSI picks up plenty of stars rather well, and no issues reaching focus.

Can't wait till I have a free night to test all this new gear out!

Nice one Hemmi - keep us posted with your results :police:

Hi Paul - I see in the SGL Lounge you got a Lodestar-C for Xmas - well done :grin:   To my knowledge you're the only one with Sammy, Mallincam and now Lodestar and we all eagerly await your comparative tests to see how they perform when the weather permits. :cool:  

If you're using the rather clanky Lodestar-C s/ware [well I am] and need some tips on 'setting' [as thy're called in some circles] please let me know here or via PM :police:        

Hi Maurice

I only have the Sammy and the Lodestar-C, no Mallincam.

I'm running on a Mac so trying out Paul's Lodestar Live and SX IO - unfortunately neither support live debayer for the Lodestar yet.

I have also ran the Lodestar-C under a VM which works OK.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi MauriceI only have the Sammy and the Lodestar-C, no Mallincam. I'm running on a Mac so trying out Paul's Lodestar Live and SX IO - unfortunately neither support live debayer for the Lodestar yet. I have also ran the Lodestar-C under a VM which works OK. Clear skiesPaul

Paul -what's VM?

Hi Maurice

As SnakeyJ says a VM is a virtual machine which allows you to run other operating systems along side your native one. In my case I use VMware to run Windows XP on my MacBook Pro. I can also run Linux or Android.

Performance is slower than running natively but it's useful where performance is not an issue. I use mainly to run Deep Sky Stacker.

Clear skies

Paul

Archived