Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Hi all

I had a personal solar telescope for Christmas with a 20mm eyepiece (supplied) I can see the whole disk of the Sun but I think a different eyepiece might be better.

Does anyone else have or use one of these and what eyepiece do you use.  Cheers

Congrats on the new PST.

I use my Baader MKIII zoom most times I'm out with and without the zoom barlow. I also use the Hyperion 21mm and the ES 6.7 on occasion also and I find both of these work well in the PST. 

When they are in stock, I'm planning to pick up the ES 82* 11mm. as I suspect this ep will match up best in this scope.

Your going to love that PST.

Wishing you clear skies...

Bob

I have just had a Lunt for Christmas as well :grin: . Presuming yours works like mine then you can use any telescope eyepiece that you own , the telescope removes all heat out of the light before it reaches the eyepiece . I'm using  a Badder 8-24 zoom in the main and it is fantastic. I have also used most of my other fixed eyepieces in it over the last two days. But please make sure that your scope is safe to use normal eyepieces as im presuming you own a Coronado or Lunt .

I use a zoom eyepiece that I bought for my old celestron scope from Skies the limit, think it might be branded a Starguider zoom now, though I believe its sold under various other names. Works great with the PST.

I've been using PST's for years and find that a zoom eyepiece to be the most useful as you don't need to keep swapping eyepieces and refocusing is minimal. If you are on a budget, the 8mm-24mm Seben (£50) gives excellent views with a PST.  :smiley:

I use an 11mm Televue Plossl most of the time. Quite cheap secondhand, and gives lovely sharp views at a magnification which I find to be optimal most of the time.

Stu