Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrometry.net Plate Solving

narrowbandpaul

Hi all,

Have been trying out astrometry.net plate solving and it's quite good. However, I want to save the plate solved image with the WCS info added to the fits file. I believe this is the new-image.fits option. However when I click I just get an error type message. I can download the WCS info itself, but this is just the addition to the fits header. What I really want is the full image with the WCS info.

Has anyone else come across this, or managed to save the new-fits output?

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Saving the linked image (I think it's new-image.fits) has worked for me in the past... It has the WCS info added via the standard fits keywords (CRPIX1, CRVAL1, etc). Can't really help why it's not working for you -- sounds like it is solving the image?

• 1 year later...

Is there any program which can take the output from the online astronomy.net blind solver and issue a sync command to a telescope mount? ie. unlike Astrotortilla for instance which needs entire star catalogs downloaded locally. If you have an internet connection by the mount I would much rather prefer to have images solved online and then the solution somehow imported into a software which can issue the sync command... Any ideas?

Archived