BST 10mm eyepiece

Steve777

Dear All,

First merry Christmas & hope all have enjoyed their days; thought I'd post a quick first light review of the above eyepiece. Used it on the moon as dawn was breaking this morning-good, crisp image. Then back out at teatime to see Venus, lovely image; just about right at the x100 magnification this eyepiece gives me, not too small and glare knocked off to just the right extent. Then back out an hour ago to look at Jupiter; main bands (and hints of smaller ones) clearly apparent, plus brownish colour at the poles (only thing that annoyed me was that-I suspect as a consequence of the planet's brightness-my eye was drawn to the bright 'dot' this seemed to cause mid-view, though nothing has got on the lens). M42 was a pretty sight. For the price I'd certainly recommend this eyepiece & think I'd like 8mm too. Will post later review on WO 6mm, but hoping that now I'm in possession of 3 good e.p.s my observing may go up a notch.

Again, season's greetings!!

That saves me going out to buy one then. :grin: :grin: :grin:

The 12mm is good, took me 3 weeks to get it back off a friend I had lent one to.

He was using it in a Mak, almost had to threaten him with unmentionable horrors. :eek: :eek:

Find the 8mm excellent, very good for when the 5mm is a bit too much for conditions, scope I tend to use them in is often a short f/5 refractor and always been very pleased with them. Did buy them when £39 so even better.

Really have no complaints with any of them, other then would have liked a couple more focal lengths down the lower end. However at the cost, to me unless you want TV or ES on the barrel they are difficult to beat.

That WO 6mm SPL looks tempting.

If they had brought out a 10mm and Alan hadn't emailed to say I would have been upset.

Thanks-I'm looking at 8mm to give me x150 with my 'scope (having a gap between 100 and 200); the WO is good I think but not really had weather/time seeing conditions to post a fair view, but suspect I'll get plenty of enjoyment from it.

Archived