Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

astronymonkey

xmas astro pressies -what did santa bring you ?

Santa was very kind and bought me a new case for all my ep's and camera bits and bobs as well as a 1:10 focuser and a motor for focus when imaging. Very happy chap lots to play with.

'Lessons from the Masters' edited by Rob Gendler.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

a fab bumbag eyepeice case (so I wont drop stuff) and a 32mm GSO (which turned out to be a Relelation one) and a WO 6mm PLR, very happy

Could'nt guarantee if I would be naughty or nice.

So treated myself before Christmas to a 10" RC truss scope & a Mesu 200 mount = 1 happy bunny

Nigel

Its not exactly Santa bringing it to me, but after suddenly realising how daft I have been forking out £20-30 a month on an ancient mobile phone with a pay-as-you-go scheme, I have decided to take the plunge and order my first smartphone on a monthly contract (a Samsung Galaxy S4). Should be delivered later today! I'm hoping there will be lots of fun Astronomy apps I can download - not least of which is the one where you can point the phone at the sky and it shows you a star map of where you are looking. If anyone else has an Android phone, I'd love to hear their recommendation for Astronomy apps!

• Like 1

Well I shuffled through the door at work on chrimbo day. The only mug actually at work , and defiantly not full of cheer and bonhomie when what did I spy on the work top?

A present with my name on and scrawled on the label " for you as you are on your own "....

Curiously I picked it up, sussed it was a book and unwrapped it.. I have the standard recommended reads.. Tlao etc but found I now owned the stargazers handbook by Giles sparrow.

What a great book it is. Not too technical with good pictures..... The rest of the day was however @#@# merry chrimbo fellow star gawpers ;)

Its not exactly Santa bringing it to me, but after suddenly realising how daft I have been forking out £20-30 a month on an ancient mobile phone with a pay-as-you-go scheme, I have decided to take the plunge and order my first smartphone on a monthly contract (a Samsung Galaxy S4). Should be delivered later today! I'm hoping there will be lots of fun Astronomy apps I can download - not least of which is the one where you can point the phone at the sky and it shows you a star map of where you are looking. If anyone else has an Android phone, I'd love to hear their recommendation for Astronomy apps!

I don't normally say this, but have a search on the forum and you will find plenty of threads listing lots of Android Astro apps. No need to start a new thread.

Cheers,

Stu

Santa brought me something green and black, though it wasn't quite what I was hoping for.  :rolleyes:

Still, it's a nice piece of nostalgia as I bought a T-shirt just like this when I saw Talking Heads play at the Hammersmith Palais back in 1979.  :smiley:

$_35.JPG

Binos 20x80 revelation ,laptop,1.25 lp filter ,astronauts guide to life,a down to earth guide to the cosmos  sometimes you just can't rely on the wife getting you anything astro :)

SW Sync Guider and the Sky At Night Apollo 11 DVD of original coverage. Loads of extended unseen footage taken by Armstrong and Aldrin. Fantastic!

Santa bought me an astronomy wall calender and an eyepiece case. I have already cut the foam and installed 4 x BSTs, and there is room for other things that may be purchased in future.

A years subscription to astronomy now!!

Well done my wife !! Love you !!

Sent from my iPhone using my fums

• Like 1