Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

tich

Christmas morning moon.

I was just about to go to bed at 1:00am when looking out of the window I could see that the sky was quite clear & the moon was up so I set up the scope & took some pictures. I have struggled with this one as I have been getting weird artefacts after stacking so cleaned some of those out but I'm unable to remove the ones on the lunar surface.

Taken using a 6"SCT manually tracked on an EQ5 & taken using a 1000D 100 subs processed in PIPP then stacked in Registax.

1507260_10151897348443434_1547969108_o.j

• Like 6

Nice image Tich, especially for manual tracking. Any chance of lightening it up a bit? :)

Nice image Tich, especially for manual tracking. Any chance of lightening it up a bit? :)

I've tried to push it a bit more but the bottom part of the moon ended up being overexposed & this image has been a bit of a struggle, probably due to me underexposing it to much in the first place. Then stacking has caused me some grief too so this is about the best I could come up with.

Nice one, Tich. Same here, clear sky in the early hours, so out to image the moon :D

• Like 1

Well I thought it would be rude not to Luke looks like it's business as usual tonight with cloud.

Thanks for the comments everyone glad you like it.  :smiley:

Thanks again, I should have gone out last night & had another go but everything I touched was either getting dropped or broken so the thought of carrying the scope downstairs from my flat didn't inspire me.

Maybe if you waited a few minutes you would have caught Father Christmas in the image on his 'rounds' !

Nice image.

andrew

• Like 1

Maybe if you waited a few minutes you would have caught Father Christmas in the image on his 'rounds' !

Nice image.

andrew

I did on Christmas eve :grin:

1489055_10151895941178434_2144789411_n.j

• Like 1