Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Christmas morning moon.

tich

I was just about to go to bed at 1:00am when looking out of the window I could see that the sky was quite clear & the moon was up so I set up the scope & took some pictures. I have struggled with this one as I have been getting weird artefacts after stacking so cleaned some of those out but I'm unable to remove the ones on the lunar surface.

Taken using a 6"SCT manually tracked on an EQ5 & taken using a 1000D 100 subs processed in PIPP then stacked in Registax.

1507260_10151897348443434_1547969108_o.j

Nice image Tich, especially for manual tracking. Any chance of lightening it up a bit? :)

I've tried to push it a bit more but the bottom part of the moon ended up being overexposed & this image has been a bit of a struggle, probably due to me underexposing it to much in the first place. Then stacking has caused me some grief too so this is about the best I could come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again, I should have gone out last night & had another go but everything I touched was either getting dropped or broken so the thought of carrying the scope downstairs from my flat didn't inspire me.

Archived