SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Christmas presents...

Not sure if a thread like this was started already, but I couldn't see one.

Who's got something coming from Santa tomorrow?

I have :D

It's a secret of course (it's a GSO 200mm / F5 / 1000mm Newtonian to upgrade my first telescope (130P) and a MPCC-III coma corrector).

Exited to get it set up, although when the weather will be good to use it is anyone's guess at the moment.

So come on, spill the beans. Who's got some new astronomy equipment coming and is it a present (or a gift from yourself to yourself)...

Merry Christmas!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had some early Christmas presents today and one of them was Sky & Telescope's moon map. I am really chuffed with it, the craters are very clear to see on it, I've already picked out a few reading indoors that I know the shape of but did not know what they were called. :smiley:

yeah I know what you mean. It's in the house, been here for a while, tucked under the stairs. I'm just not allowed to touch it until tomorrow. Closest thing I could get was to add to my sig (well spotted), can't wait to set it up and get using it. I'll be praying for some clear nights before it's time to get back to work...

Wowsers ! happy Christmas, jumped out of bed grabbed the bins at 6 and outside . Right hand side of Sarin, the wonderful bright and long tail of Comet Lovejoy . That's my Christmas present !

Just have wait for the tribe to wake up, seems there's a few long packages and a flat Uranometria under the tree, hurrah !

Festive Nick.

Wowsers ! happy Christmas, jumped out of bed grabbed the bins at 6 and outside . Right hand side of Sarin, the wonderful bright and long tail of Comet Lovejoy . That's my Christmas present !

Just have wait for the tribe to wake up, seems there's a few long packages and a flat Uranometria under the tree, hurrah !

Festive Nick.

wow I got up early but never thought to look for that. Where abouts are we looking for it in the morning, forecsst is good for tonight/tomoz morning....

Steve

No pressies for me this year, but it's just fabulous being with my family. That's enough for me.  :)

Have a fabulous Christmas day everyone, eat, drink & be merry!!! :)

Lovely post Sam, have a great day.

we have not opened any yet so no idea, but not expecting any astro stuff

just opened my orion optics dob base wow this is lovely quality. all set up now just need to put the rings on my vx14 now and start messing the mirrors up, i mean colimating my mirrors. happy christmas to everyone

Archived