Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Restricted viewing

Kew

Although I'm hoping to get out and about on dry evenings, most of my viewing from home is restricted to a North and Westerly view. What can I hope to observe or look for in my 50 degree latitude? (Many Tx for the help and patience from you long term members).

Ken

Tx for all that. I suppose most of us are restricted to some degree. I just downloaded Stellarium...love it. My Sky Hawk 1145P arrives this week. Hope to report back on what I see. Bino's have been my main-stay to date so looking forward to a closer view of years of pin points!. Cheers. Ken.

If you've got an iphone, an app called Observer Pro allows you to scan in your horizon, including houses, trees etc. Then it shows you when your favourite objects will come into view. It has other features like observing lists, catalogues etc. It costs a few quid, but in my opinion it's worth it.

Tx  Jonathan...will check that one. Stellarium shows lots of names of moon places. My Bin's aren't strong enough to see them for real. Hoping my new telescope can see them. (!)

For the last 30 yrs, my only view has been to the East and North East. I do have to wait a while for objects to rise above the TALL trees at the end of my garden..............i'm cool with that as i am in no hurry when i am outside.

You make do with what you have. My view south is shrouded in light pollution, but i have filters to tackle that which work help.

I'm not bothered where and what i can see.........................the important thing to me is being outside and being at one with the universe. and nature.

Sounds a bit "hippy", but its true.

Its ME time and i usually have my dog for company and  protection 

Archived