SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anyone seeing Io transitting Jupiter right now?

LeeWilky

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too early here. Jupiter isn't really more than a few inches above the horizon making it quiver and boil. If it stays calm might get in a session later. Speaking of the UK, forecasts in Spain speak about you guys on the receiving end of some severe battering and it doesn't look like Spain will be doing much better this year either.

Yeh we have had some serious winds and rain here the last few months.  Had 50mph gusts here today with heavy rain.  We got flooded 2 weeks ago when another storm hit during high tide and last wednesday i nearly drove straight intoa tree on a dark road that hd been ripped out during high winds.  Just non stop at the moment.  Even when its clear skies its high winds so this hobby is proving tough to enjoy at the mo. 

An American Airsteam Caravan in the Arizona Desert would do me just fine. 

Now that sounds like a plan!  I went to Canada 7 times during my time in the Army and the middle of the Alberta plains about a hundred miles from the closest lights gave some amazing views!  Would love to live there for a bit when the British Army is tearing the place up during the Medicine Man excercises lol.

That's why I have snakes not horses! ;) Be careful don't get too wet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh what snakes have you got? I love reptiles. Didn't get too wet and wind has died right down but muddy as hell out there! Thank god for wellies lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a beautiful baby Royal Python called Archimedes and an albino Corn snake called Eve, about 4yrs old 5ft long absolute beauty, both incredibly good temperament! Both need feeding tomorrow in fact! The joys of defrosting rats... Glamorous ;)

Both beautiful snakes :) you should post some pics of them.

Posted Image

Eve... Or at least some of her, she's pesky to photograph!!

I love the colours of Albino corn snakes :) my friend had one when I was a kid. Beautiful creatures. I'd never get bored of photographing those. Easier than trying to get a decent shot of Jupiter in high winds with a DSLR lol.

They are incredible pets! I started with the Corn very simple to keep great for beginners, but it is a bit of a payout at first... I managed to get Eve for a good price from a friend who is a breeder so I was a bit jammy! The Royal is simple too just the temperatures you need to keep an eye on its one of those things you just learn. Then snake communicates too if it's always in the cool end it's too hot and visa versa! I'd always recommend a snake over a bearded dragon, I had one of those and as wonderful as they are they're damned expensive!!

Yeh the dragons aren't cheap and as much as I love lizards snakes interest me a lot more. The way they move so gracefully and how chilled out they are :) My mate got tagged by his a while back lol he's on this forum I'm sure he will jump in if he sees this convo. He is a massive snake lover!

I love photographing animals. They are so unpredictable but when you get a great shot you can't beat it :)

I must admit my python bit me once but it was completely my own fault and didn't hurt as he's only dinky! I really love them they're my therapy, totally unique pets! If you ever want anymore specific advice or considering getting one feel free to PM me as I could talk about snakes all day... :D

I certainly will :) the only thing missing from this forum is a live chat section for all the members to chat on. On nights like this where we can't get out and do anything it's good to pass the time with like minded people. Only one of my mates is into astronomy lol. The rest are boring :p

Right gonna jump in the bath be back in about 15 mins or so. One of the horses decided her feed looked better all over me than in her belly lol!

Archived