Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Christmas bit of Fun

alan potts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I do not understand is why Zeiss stopped making eyepieces, small though it may be there will alway be a market for top quality. Seems as if Pentax took much the same route and Nikon look as if they don't care outside of Japan. Televue seem as if they do well enough judging by amount that have at least one of them.

Alan

The one thing I do not understand is why Zeiss stopped making eyepieces, small though it may be there will alway be a market for top quality. Seems as if Pentax took much the same route and Nikon look as if they don't care outside of Japan. Televue seem as if they do well enough judging by amount that have at least one of them.

Alan

I don't really like TV eyepieces and even I have 4 of them. You can't deny they make very good kit.

Yes, thats the one  :smiley:

However, if either Zeiss, Leica or even Tele Vue release a 25mm - 4mm zoom which a constant 70 degree FoV and > 15mm eye relief plus ortho sharpness, contrast and light transmission across the range and out to the field stop at F/4 between now and Christmas morning then I'll settle for that instead :grin:

Thats a shame I have a home made one with just those characteristics but unfortunately it's a 24-6mm with 20mm eye relief oh well back to the drawing board

Rik,

It is a good job you don't like them then.

Out of interest what don't you like about them?

Alan

Nothing I can readily put my finger on Alan, just a general feeling. If you take all of the following statements in the most minor, pernickety way possible: I find eye-placement a bit tricky, I don't much like the metal housing in the cold, I don't like the slippy-clicky eye guard adjustment, I don't like the distortion in some models, I don't like the faint colour cast in others, I don't like the eyerelief of most of them, I don't like the focal lengths because the numbers are wrong and don't make a nice pattern. Most of all they are popular, and I've never been one to follow fashion  :happy8:

I'm not in any way suggesting they are bad or there is anything wrong with them. They are without question superb eyepeices, the quality and craftsmanship is first rate. I find it amazing that TV have produced such a variety of designs and features in models that are all good.

They just don't seem to suit my eyes.

Archived