740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

the ISS on Christmas Eve

nicks90

*discreet cough*
Lots of you are parents of young children. You might be interested to know that on 24th of December the International Space Station passes from West to East across the sky at approximately 59deg elevation at 4.26pm and again at 32deg elevation at 6.01pm. It's an incredible sight in a pair of binoculars, but this time leave them inside.............. because if you're a 4 year old, it's Santa's sleigh on a last training run before he starts the big night.
:grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: 
You're welcome.
merry christmas
  • Like 7

Great post and a great idea! :smiley:

.............. because if you're a 4 year old, it's Santa's sleigh on a last training run before he starts the big night.

I'm a little older than that, but watching the ISS hurtling past overhead on a clear night still makes me feel like a kid again! :smiley:

It was clear here until just after 4pm and counter to the forecast has been comparatively so all day (ie I have been able to see a reasonable amount of blue sky, rather than solid cloud).  Then the clouds rolled in and by 4:25pm the entire sky was black :(

James