Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Ipswich.

ohoward

Hello,

New member from Ipswich, Suffolk, UK. Received a cheapy telescope from the missus for Christmas which has rekindled my latent fascination with the night skies, and have just now bought myself a Celestron Nexstar 4SE. Should be good to ease me in I hope, hopefully I can then move onto some of the more intimadating instruments when I've absorbed some more knowledge.

Looking forward to clear dark skies!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi .....?, and welcome to SGL.

Nice to see yet another member from Suffolk joins us, we seem to be a 'growing band'. :D

There are a few of us around the Ipswich area, Bill (Bill£), Chris (Peonic), Tony (mightymonoped), and myself.

Dave

and have just now bought myself a Celestron Nexstar 4SE.

That's a lovely scope - I had one for several years and it produced some excellent views - especially at dark sites where its portability allowed it to come along when a larger scope would have had to stay home.

If you haven't discovered it yet, I remember finding this site very useful:

http://www.nexstarsite.com/

Lots of advice there for all models of nexstar, downloadable manuals, etc.

Regards

Richard

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Would love to meet up for the east Anglian meet and get some observing in, transport is a problem for me though, where is it held?

I've sent you a PM. I am sure we could arrange a lift for you.

Cheers

Bill£ :D

Archived