Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New member saying hello!

Hypocrite

Hi! I'm Minna from Finland (and I already apologize if I make any grammatic errors). I've been interested in astronomy since I was a kid, and now at the age of 22 I'm finally thinking of getting some decent binoculars to observe the skies. Observing only with my own eyes is facinating, using my 7x21 binos is more facinating, and now I'm probably going to buy me some 15x70 binos, and I believe that will blow my mind. In my dreams I own a super fancy telescope, but for now I have to "settle for" binoculars (not having a car and living in a first floor of a high-rise building, I have some weight limits for my gear).

I've been browsing this forum for some time looking for info on binoculars and finally decided to join, this seems to be a lovely community full of nice people!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Minna and welcome to the forum. If you are in the process of buying some binoculars, you might like to take a look at this site for some helpful tips, especially on mounting larger and heavier binos like the 15x70.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Thank you all!

JamesM, thank you for the tip, I'll check that site. I already have a tripod for my SRL camera, going to try with that first. I know it's too low when I need to look at the zenith but it'll have to do for a while, I'm on a budget here. The L-bracket I'm going to get from the same place as the binos.

Hi Minna and welcome to the forum. If you are in the process of buying some binoculars, you might like to take a look at this site for some helpful tips, especially on mounting larger and heavier binos like the 15x70.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Minna...I was also going to recommend Steve's site but James got there first....It really is worth a visit.

Welcome to SGL

Steve

Hi Dana I see you are Twins & Phillies supporter.  I was in NY when they opened the new stadium and watched the last game of the season between the Yankie's and Bosox and a few days later went to Boston to Fenway to see the Sox's again, it was magical. 

Brenda  :smiley:

Archived