BST Starguider barlow

I'm a newbie and I have been considering additional eyepieces, following responses to my recent post I've decided I need to include a barlow 2x in my list of thinsg to buy, no rush though skies have been cloudy since I bought the 8se :sad: and the forecast isn't much better .  I'm pretty much sold on the BST Starguider eyepieces (X Cel Lx maybe but - more expensive, is it worth it etc etc) and I'm considering a BST Starguider 2x barlow and I would be interested in any comments.

As others have said, the BST name has a good reputation, and I have looked at the Barlow, it a good quality apochromat as fas as I can see and would do its job very well, but on an 8SE, I don't think you will need it, it will yield too much magnification in my view and you will hardly use it.

The  BST Starguider 1.25 Short 2x Apochromatic 3 element Barlow lens is a good item and was on my shopping list, but a Revelation  'Astro' 2.5x  came by at half the price, so was too good to miss the opportunity.

Absolute rubbish weather since, but on the two occasions of testing, the Moon at 375X was just awsome, yet Jupiter was blurry ( 8mm BST)  But several factors  were at play, so just waiting for a better night to test again

Archived