SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nikon D3200 24.2 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera

Stargazer 2013

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 55-300mm does have better build quality.   That is what you are paying for.  

Optically, the 55-200 and the 55-300 are on the same page, the 55-200mm is very sharp.    If you are not a pro photographer and changing lenses 50x a day, the plastic mount is okay and satisfies the design goal for augmenting the lens kit, for someone with the D3200 and the 18-55mm kit lens.   Which by the way, also has the plastic bayonet mount.   They did it for weight savings.   The 55-200mm weighs 335 gms, but the 55-300mm weighs 530 gms.   The D3200 body by itself, weighs 455 gms.

This thread appears to be getting derailed. Can we stick to the question asked by the OP. Thanks.

Ah, it's all good.  Was just trying to help him understand the differences between the large aperture lenses and normal zoom lenses.

Afternoon..Not having a good time with my intervalometer!!

Something is not right with it. Can't get it to take photos on a delay timer or even pressing the shutter button on the intervalometer remote.The light goes green when I press the button half way and goes red when fully pressed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Time-Lapse-Intervalometer-Remote-Timer-Shutter-for-Nikon-D3100-D3200-D90-D600-UK-/221331284688?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item33885f62d0

close to getting the hammer to it :mad:

I wish I can edit....It's on manual focus now but moving the focus is just bringing it closer and further away but seems to remain out of focus..Think it's time for a prime lens :)

You are turning the focus ring & not the zoom ring?

No, what I meant was, can you hook up the remote, with the camera and lens set in a fairly standard configuration and most of the remotes will sense a partial shutter button push to activate the AF and then a full button press activates the shutter.   So, again, does it work correctly manually??   Simulating the camera shutter button???

If you want to focus manually, you must switch the lens to manual.  There is a slide switch marked A/M.  If you leave it in A and manually focus, you are fighting the silent wave motor.

The best thing I can think of.... is you need to read the owner's manual and go through each section with the camera and lens in hand, so you understand what all the controls are for.    The D3200 is fairly simple, by comparison to the pro-sumer or pro models.   The pro models have a lot more control buttons so you needn't go through the menu system to quickly change things.

This is the wireless remote I use...   and it works great on both of my bodies and allows quite a distance away for triggering.

http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm/action/productSearch/pid/80

Hi guys

I have ordered the above camera because I heard some pretty good reviews about it,it's not too expensive but only the lens kit but will do for now,paying monthly from a catalogue so hope it's worth it :)

Anyone got one and is it easy to use?

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif $T2eC16J,!wsE9suw)yL-BSF(frUBTQ~~60_1.JPG

I have d3100 and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using my fums

Do you have the camera set to bulb to take pics of longer than 30 secs?

hi,thats where I was making the mistake,I leave this blank now  and it took 1 snap every 10 seconds and used all 399 snaps

You are turning the focus ring & not the zoom ring?

I can only move the zoom lens  ring...No focus ring,it only focusts when on automatic

No, what I meant was, can you hook up the remote, with the camera and lens set in a fairly standard configuration and most of the remotes will sense a partial shutter button push to activate the AF and then a full button press activates the shutter.   So, again, does it work correctly manually??   Simulating the camera shutter button???

If you want to focus manually, you must switch the lens to manual.  There is a slide switch marked A/M.  If you leave it in A and manually focus, you are fighting the silent wave motor.

The best thing I can think of.... is you need to read the owner's manual and go through each section with the camera and lens in hand, so you understand what all the controls are for.    The D3200 is fairly simple, by comparison to the pro-sumer or pro models.   The pro models have a lot more control buttons so you needn't go through the menu system to quickly change things.

This is the wireless remote I use...   and it works great on both of my bodies and allows quite a distance away for triggering.

http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm/action/productSearch/pid/80

thanks,yes I have tried the manual switch and manual focus

partial shutter button push to activate the AF and then a full button press activates the shutter

yes it does now..Now when I want it on auto focus the lens doesn't even move!

I take it you have the 18-55 vr kit lens? If so you manually focus by switching to m on the lens & then turning the very front fluted bit. You really should read your manual...........

I have indeed.I am getting the

Nikon AF S 35mm F1.8 G DX Camera Lens

today hopefully.

I have indeed.I am getting the

Nikon AF S 35mm F1.8 G DX Camera Lens

today hopefully.

Congrats!!  The 35mm f/1.8G lens is a fantastic all purpose lens for your camera.    Very, very sharp.... here is an example with mine....

Wildflower-sm_zpse3c40d1b.jpg

Archived