SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CCD Question

Rob

Looking at the specs available I would say avoid that one Rob. CMOS sensor with a 3 lux rating doesn't sound inspiring. Hmm and for £60....ouch!  There's Toucam Pro II's on Ebay, buy it now for £24.

Russ

Russ,

Couldn't help wondering if your refereing too the ACUTER DI?????  I have one of these and find no problem with it Have tested it out a couple of time to get it  set up and was quite happy with the results. Will be using it properly on my 200mm Dob  (If and when the weather improves and I can see if the heavens are still there) :lol:

Will keep you informed as to the final results.

AJ.

p.s. It definitely does single, Vid, and colour.

Couldn't help wondering if your refereing too the ACUTER DI????? I have one of these and find no problem with it Have tested it out a couple of time to get it set up and was quite happy with the results. Will be using it properly on my 200mm Dob (If and when the weather improves and I can see if the heavens are still there)

Will keep you informed as to the final results.

AJ.

Sorry AJ, well and truly put my foot in it. Just goes to show that mere figures don't tell the whole story. I will say no more, other than looking forward to the results.

Russ

Hi Russ,

Reason I havent really tested it properly yet the fact is I've had to dash from the garden to my PC to check the focus then back to the garden but have now got a lap top to take outside.  Mohamad and the Mountain touch I suppose :lol:

Now waiting for clear skys (Some hope up here :lol:)

Regards AJ

• 7 years later...

Hi All,

I'm brand new to SGL and might be a little out of place with my question. I have a Samsung SCB 4000 camera that I am just now learning how to use a little bit. I am looking for some software to talk to this camera via RS 485. Does anyone know where I might find this animal?

Archived