Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last Moon pic for a while

HenryW

May I ask why this is the "last moon pic for a while"?  Did the moon do something to upset you?  Wash out your skies one too many times maybe?   :grin:

Not a bad shot in my opinion.  I'd love to get something like that.  My current setups only allow for distant full disk shots or extreme closeups.  Is the dark spot on the left of the image an object on the sensor or lens?  Or did something pass in front of the moon when you took the shot?  Or is that China's rover perhaps?!  haha.

Its the "last" for a while because i've posted 4 pics of the moon lately, not very Sharp as they where my first attempt trough the telescope and when i compare them to those awesome pics in this forum, i just understand what i'm strugling With: The sharpness and this leads me to improve my focusing :police:  and perhaps the collimation. The last issue have been corrected (I think) after buying a laser colimator. So the Next attempts will hopefully be sharper.  Don't get me wrong, i love the moon and therefore deserves a little more time for preparation to get better images :smiley:

Its the "last" for a while because i've posted 4 pics of the moon lately, not very Sharp as they where my first attempt trough the telescope and when i compare them to those awesome pics in this forum, i just understand what i'm strugling With: The sharpness and this leads me to improve my focusing :police:  and perhaps the collimation. The last issue have been corrected (I think) after buying a laser colimator. So the Next attempts will hopefully be sharper.  Don't get me wrong, i love the moon and therefore deserves a little more time for preparation to get better images :smiley:

That makes more sense.  :)  I was thinking, "surely he can't dislike the moon!"  I mean . . . just look at it!  So close, so far.  So many cool features, yet so hard to focus.

I find focusing to be my biggest issue.  My eyes aren't as good as I thought they were and unless the seeing is perfect I struggle to see well enough.  But I'm not giving up!  The more I practice, the more often I'll be cursing, but the sooner I'll get the hang of it too.

Good luck and clear skies!

May I ask why this is the "last moon pic for a while"?  Did the moon do something to upset you?  Wash out your skies one too many times maybe?   :grin:

Not a bad shot in my opinion.  I'd love to get something like that.  My current setups only allow for distant full disk shots or extreme closeups.  Is the dark spot on the left of the image an object on the sensor or lens?  Or did something pass in front of the moon when you took the shot?  Or is that China's rover perhaps?!  haha.

He, he :laugh:  I noticed that too, could it be Aristarchus crater?

He, he :laugh:  I noticed that too, could it be Aristarchus crater?

I think you're right.  Silly me.   :grin:   Should've done my research first I suppose.  Just didn't remember seeing anything that dark before.  Seems correct using other pictures as a reference:

http://atomictoasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/aristarchusmoon.jpg

I think it's very nice, too.

Aside from working on the focus have you considered getting more images and then stacking? This process made such a difference in my case.

Don't stay away too long!

Steve

Yeah, i'll try this in the hollidays if weather permits. I will have about 10 days free and i can't believe that the weather will betray me all the days :police:

Archived