Moon from the 14th after a sneaky nap

Luke

11418347963_22a2e1b017_c.jpg

Please click image for higher res.

11418127985_00957baa50_c.jpg

Please click image for higher res.

sat24 didn't look good on this evening and the rain was pouring down, so I gave up hoping to image the moon. I nodded off watching TV on the sofa, and woke in the early hours to clear skies :laugh:  Wonder if this will work again? :p

It's a mosaic of four tiles. I stacked 500 out of 2000 frames per tile.

---

14/12/2013
Equinox 120 / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) / Red filter

Thanks, all :smiley:

Simon, I used a Point Grey Grasshopper 3 CCD web camera. It has a very sensitive (and pricey :eek: ) Sony monochrome chip in it. I think this one is used in microscopic imaging, though some astronomers use them too. When my wife Sarah ordered it, the UK dealer asked her how big the targets were she would be using it for. I don't think they expected a diameter over a million kilometres (we got it mostly for solar imaging).  :grin: :grin:

DrRobin, it was a bit of an effort to get up, I think solar has made me soft! Not sure how I will cope with -10C now if we get it this season. :grin:

Jake, most kind, Sir! Look forward to your pairings!

• 6 months later...

Archived