SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Advice/Help 12v Terminals for new DIY Power Tank.

reader34

Hello everyone! 

I've been shopping for parts for my DIY Power Tank and I'm having trouble locating parts.

These parts are terminals ( Black colour). I'm following this thread from Gaze Away -http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/154685-power-tank-build-help/page-2

I was going to email him/her however I've noticed they haven't been for over a year, I thought I would cast a line out to see if anyone would know. 

Here's a picture circled in red.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi There,

These would do the job for you, and you would only need 1 unit.... put all your RED wires in one bar and all your Blacks in the other... the 2 bars are isolated from each other.

http://www.ilecsys.co.uk/zdriverils/form/catsel/DIST-BLOCK/product/563720

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Sandy. :grin:

Ah fantastic. I was up all night trying to figure this out ha!

Thanks Sandy!

The originals look like neutral connector blocks as used by the supply company at your meter and rated at 100 amps. They should be available from your local electrical wholesaler though I have no idea what they would cost these days - I would expect them to be fairly expensive as it is quite a large lump of copper. The ones available from ilecsys will be adequate and the cheaper option because they have a lower current rating.

Hi Guy's,

The originals look like neutral connector blocks as used by the supply company at your meter and rated at 100 amps.

Quite correct Ron... that is exactly what they are... also often used for the earth connections as well.

100Amp rating is way over the top though for this application... I doubt reader34 will be drawing more than 10 amps MAX from his power distribution box.

The added benefit of having the two pole item also saves space and money.

Ilecsys do also do a 80/100 Amp and a 125Amp version which are actually not very expensive.

They also do 4 pole versions.

Best regards.

Sandy. :grin:

The originals look like neutral connector blocks as used by the supply company at your meter and rated at 100 amps. They should be available from your local electrical wholesaler though I have no idea what they would cost these days - I would expect them to be fairly expensive as it is quite a large lump of copper. The ones available from ilecsys will be adequate and the cheaper option because they have a lower current rating.

Hey Ron and Sandy!

It's funny you mentioned about those terminals Ron. Because I've found a pair on eBay for £4.95 each. :o

Of course it's not like I'm going to use 100 amps right?  Little Netbook, DSLR, maybe a few Dew Heaters. 90AH battery should last a few days, maybe a week... ha!

No more then 10 amps, I agree.

Regards,

Paul :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived