SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter - 9th December

Sammyb

Here is a Jupiter from the 9th with Europa on the right hand side.

This is 10,000 frames (y800) centred and debayered in PIPP, the best 1000 stacked in AS!2 with RGB align and wavelets in Regi.

Looks like there is a small dark region in the GRS. Anyone know what that is?

post-9821-0-95541100-1387136907_thumb.jp

Really nice. Absolutely smashing.

How long did it rake you to capture 10000 frames?

No idea about the black dot, but imm only on my iphone so can't see it well; have you looked on stock images on google images to see if there is anything like that normally; could it be a moon?

James

Nice image. I see the dark area within the GRS and I think this is detail within the GRS itself. The centre of the storm circulation that is the GRS is darker and I think that is what you have captured here.  Like the eye of the hurricane as it were!

Best regards,

Ralph

Nice image. I see the dark area within the GRS and I think this is detail within the GRS itself. The centre of the storm circulation that is the GRS is darker and I think that is what you have captured here.  Like the eye of the hurricane as it were!

Best regards,

Ralph

I agree with Ralph - I've noticed the same darker region in some of my captures and others posted on here, well done in picking it up.  :smiley:

Really nice. Absolutely smashing.

How long did it rake you to capture 10000 frames?

No idea about the black dot, but imm only on my iphone so can't see it well; have you looked on stock images on google images to see if there is anything like that normally; could it be a moon?

James

Thanks James - I can capture 10,000 odd frames in 3 mins using the DFK at 60fps in RAW mode (y800)

Sam

Archived