Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

35 min M31 from Norway

Xplode

Taken with TSAPO100Q, HEQ5, Canon 6D from Hågår, Norway.

35 min consisting of 180s and 300s exposures, bias and dark frames.

No flat frames since the scope has almost no vignetting with a full frame sensor.

The TSAPO100Q is a new 100mm f/5.8 triplet APO from TS with integrated flattener and 3" focuser. I'm very happy with the scope so far.

When used with my 6D i only have to crop the bottom part of the picture that is vignetted because of the mirror in the camera.

I'm not good at processing, but improving every day and i'm pretty satisfied with this picture. To date this is my best image.

Bottom have been cropped away, a small amount of vinetting can be seen in the corners.

51e9656e2c01c99503e8ee8947e27a66.1824x0_

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping to get the EQ8 mounted at the observatory in a few days and getting some good weather so i can get at least 1 hour more on this.

After that i think i'll image M42 for the first time, at home my view is obstructed so i have to go to the astronomy clubs observatory to image M42.

Thanks Brenda.

I think there's 3 reasons for the low noise in this image other than dark frames.

1: 6D has very low noise even at high ISO

2: Low temperature lowers noise a lot, sensor temp was +5C

3: Dithering seems to remove a lot of noise, i dither after every image.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a little more processing and ended up with this

8627bc0795cf1df436ef6f62c55c0cca.1824x0_

Noise is starting to appear and i think it looks a little overprocessed. More data would with the noise, but i wonder what you think about the processing?

• 1 month later...

Archived