Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

China lands on the moon

Russe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have thought the next question should be “should we be worried” two country’s I do not trust.

Communist doing Moon missions again might help the US might feel a political threat again who knows in the next couple of decades we might get another Human Moon landing, a 21st Century Space Race to the Moon? Then maybe the race to a Human Mars landing?

A race to Mars would be very cool.  I feel like our progress in space has significantly slowed since we stopped sending people to the moon.  The cost may have been high and exceeded what our politicians thought was acceptable, but we need to move more toward science and away from constant war.  Its awful to hear that the US gov't would cut NASA's budget.  I guess we need to spend more money policing the rest of the world.  Funding science just isn't worth it unless we're competing with other countries . . .

Maybe China's interest will spur the US back beyond the Earth's orbit.

Not quite sure why they described it as a "crash landing"

Poor journalism.  I guess seeing it hit the surface pretty hard makes them think it crashed since planes and helicopters land so softly on Earth.   :grin:

Gotta admit, the video is pretty neat.  Congrats to China.  Glad to see another country devoting more time and money to a space program.  I always applaud scientific achievements, regardless of where they occur.  Science is far better for mankind than war.

Poor journalism.  I guess seeing it hit the surface pretty hard makes them think it crashed since planes and helicopters land so softly on Earth.   :grin:

Gotta admit, the video is pretty neat.  Congrats to China.  Glad to see another country devoting more time and money to a space program.  I always applaud scientific achievements, regardless of where they occur.  Science is far better for mankind than war.

Great statement there about science is far better for mankaind, a bit of a unfortunate paradox because mankind is more inventive during times of war  :smiley:

Archived