Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader UV/IR Cut or Baader Neodymium Filter?

I would go with the Neodymium. I've not used it on the moon, but find it effective on Jupiter and especially on Mars for bringing out detail and improving contrast. It doesn't work (for me anyway) on Saturn which is better without filtering I think.

It does darken the sky background a little helping with LP.

Cheers,

Stu

I believe the Baader Neodymium has a UV/IR cutoff in its filtering as well so I would expect it to be useful still. Bear in mind I'm not an imager though so someone else should be able help from this perspective.

Stu

• 2 months later...

Hi all, can someone respond to this question about the Neodymium filter? I was wondering to buy a Neodymium Uv/IR filter for Moon and Planet imaging with my webcam. The suggestions on this thread are the UV/IR Filter is great for Juipter and Mars, but what about the Neodymium, can this be used for All Lunar and Planetary?

Neodinyium filter is what every astrologer should have for viewing planets! Made a huge difference to pulling detail from planets. I am not a imager but did use the Neodinyium with a imaging source camera as it does have a UV cut worked pretty well!!

Neodinyium filter is what every astrologer should have for viewing planets! Made a huge difference to pulling detail from planets. I am not a imager but did use the Neodinyium with a imaging source camera as it does have a UV cut worked pretty well!!

Astrologer?!! Whaaaaat?! ;)

Archived