Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
ottUp

Hello from Ottawa

Hello Folks.

Richard here, from Ottawa, Canada. I came cross this forum in some recent searches and liked the look of the discussions and members. I hope you won't mind a colonial jumping in with an opinion now and then.

I've been observing for quite some time, mainly visual, and I particularly like "sidewalk astronomy" - public outreach in public places. I have a C9.25 on a Losmandy G11 and several small refractors. My main "sidewalk scope" is a Stellarvue 4" apo on a Losmandy GM8 - a great mix of portability and optical quality.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard and welcome. I've bookmarked your web site - some interesting looking papers.

Mike

Welcome to SGL,

The paper on tides was very interesting indeed! Answered a few questions I had... :D

Ant

Richard,

I've found your website now, and it's a very good site with lots of useful information and pearls of wisdom on, Thanks.

Hi. Richard and welcome to you.

You are the second member who lives in Canada. We have a member who resides there too,

But I'm sure he will introduce himself to you.

Enjoy SGL, It's a great forum.

Ron. :D

Hi Richard, welcome to SGL.

Sidewalk astronomy is something that we ought to do in London where I live - literally open people's eyes a little more!

Regards

AG

Hi Richard

Welcome to the site.

As a beginner I really enjoyed reading your "informal papers" on your web site. I found them full of helpful advice for people like me and certainly contribute to demystifying (spelling?) the jargon. Some of the misleading advice you mention rang bells with some that I have already received!

I've book marked the site as I am interested to follow your updates. Many thanks

Ray

PS I was in Canada (BC - Vancouver Island) last year for a couple of weeks, lovely country

Hi Richard, and welcome SGL.

Spent some time in Ottawa, and stayed at the Chateau Laurier, by side of the Rideau Canal locks. Quite a 'drop' down those locks to the Ottawa River.

Used to drive out to Kenata each day, to a large telecomms manufacturer.

Dave