Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

cracking head torch off the bay

Daniel-K

just received my new head torch from Ebay. its has a built in red filter that slides up with 3 brightness settings. it house's 4 LED's that are very bright when used in white light  but slide up the red filter and it gives a perfect balance of red light for reading those star charts in the field or garden. at a cracking price too here is the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221189542712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Dan.....oh and it comes with battery's aswell ;)

post-6284-0-89068100-1386873830_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-30046200-1386873857_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-32057900-1386873872_thumb.jp

that looks pretty cool Dan. I got one a while ago but it goes "off-red-white off" so when you've done what you want you have to close your eyes to get past white light. love the idea of the slide up red filter. :D

Looks just the job Dan, I don't have any kind of red torch believe it or not so I've just ordered one from your link :) I probably should have read Hobsey's reply though, could have got one even cheaper :( ah well, at least with it being camo I can roll around the garden like a commando and I wont look out of place :D

Looks just the job Dan, I don't have any kind of red torch believe it or not so I've just ordered one from your link :) I probably should have read Hobsey's reply though, could have got one even cheaper :( ah well, at least with it being camo I can roll around the garden like a commando and I wont look out of place :D

Lol Chris if you do make sure the wife is filming it id pay to see that.

Sports Direct have got these as well for under a tenner.

Problem I have with mine is that the red isn't very red...more pinkish and too many brightness/flash options... too many clicks to turn the thing off...

I just want on and off with a decent flip up red filter.

My brother bought me a head torch last week (first one I've ever had). It's really quite good, I just wave my hand in front to turn it on/off, which you get used to really easily. It also has two brightness settings.

Can't think how I've managed without one now. Have been struggling with a handheld LED torch up to now.

It's main use though is for when my dawgy talks me for walkies, makes the poop-a-scoop a lot easier to handle at night!

Still waiting for mine to arrive :-( was hoping to have it for Christmas.

Regards,

Mikey.

Just got mine ordered  Thursday 19th arrived today  23rd,  I should contact the mikey to see if they have sent it ?

Looks good to me so giving it a try and ordered one  :smiley:

Arrived today and seems just the job with three light setting & flashing light setting not sure that will be used ever?,  The light window has a slide down red slider to reveal the ordinary white light, With tilting lamp holder built in. 

Will try it out tonight when dark and post my review later to how good it will be. 

Has anyone tried the ones from ASDA, £3, one red LED switch in one direction, and two white LED in the other direction. This means you don't have to go through white to get to red, it's either red or white. The red LED brightness is reasonable for star maps.

Dave

Arrived today and seems just the job with three light setting & flashing light setting not sure that will be used ever?,  The light window has a slide down red slider to reveal the ordinary white light, With tilting lamp holder built in. 

Will try it out tonight when dark and post my review later to how good it will be. 

This is the best head light i have tried to date,  Had a few other cheaper versions that have all broken within a few weeks of use?,  

The only down side to this headlight is you have to go through all the settings to turn it off again up to 4 times depending what setting your on?.

Archived