Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question about autoguider

HenryW

Then i've decided to purchase an autoguider or use my Neximage5 as a guider.

First of all i have probably a Celestron 80/600mm guide Scope under Christmas tree and i'm thinking buying the Celestron Nexguide.

First question: Is The Celestron Nexguide any usefull item? Couldn't find any review

Second Question: Can i use the Neximage5 as an autoguider?

If so; What will i be needing to do to get the Neximage running?

I will use it With the SW 130PDS on an EQ5 upgraded With Synscan

Any  help and advice will be greatly appreciated

I use a QHY5 II on a AstroTech 50mm guide scope, with PHD for guiding.

My guiding is within 1/2 pixels.

I use an EQ mount.  It all depends on what you can afford, and how well you are polar aligned, and how well the mount will track.

Rob C.

Cheyenne 20130511 00579

I recently switch to a dual chip CCD but when I did my guiding before I used a 9x50 finderguider and DYI'd it to attach my QHY-II to it and it worked great. Not sure about the NexImage5 but the new QHY-IIs are about the same price and have a good reputation.

Thank you! I landed on a seconhand Synguider that i got at a very reasonable price. I'll try this out and will consider other options. My worries is to have a Laptop outside in temperarures at the lower -10 degrees Celcius, though i have more than enough electrical suply.

If you put your lappy inside a plastic box it will keep itself warm (and dry) during an imaging run - use the box on its side and clip the lid off or on for access.

I should have tought about this :cool:  I've had the telescope outside With synscan  at about -24 C enjoying Visual observations several hours, the only problem ecountered was that the hand Control was a little bit slower. The Power supply, a transformator from 220V->12V,  was put inside a plastic Box underneath the tripod. :police:

Thanks!

I had to start putting a hand warmer on my controller for the mount. It would freeze up and stop working. I also figured out that if I placed my laptop close enough and in the right position to the mount I could let the hand controller lay next to the laptop vent and that would be be enough to keep it warm and working.

Archived