Power Supply

I'm ready to order a C8 SCT VX Goto as a new scope but I understand that it only comes with a cigarette lighter type power cord. No use to me unfortunately so is there a standardised 12V power supply I should be looking at, or are the Celestron Power Tanks recommended?

I'm unlikely to be setting up too far from a wall socket for now so can run an extension into the garden if any old 12V 3.5A supply will do?

Thanks

This is the one on the FLO site, it is a Maplins item

XM21X

I use the smaller:

L06BR

But it doesn't do the ampage that you want.

Not sure if there is something between the 2 options, trouble is the Maplins search is best described as awful. When these were found I bookmarked them both.

Either does depend on there being a Maplins near you.

I do run an extension lead out but make sure no moisture can get at either end. The socket end of the extension I will often put in a sealed box, one of the plastic lidded things for storage - the lid then becomes useful as a surface to put bits on. The house has RCD on all supplies anyway so that end is taken care of.

Archived