Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wide angle lens

Hi all, 

I already own a 32mm panaview which i use on my edgeHD 8 sct and i get great views but I've been looking at the baader aspheric 31mm wide angle for about £140.

Is it worth buying? will i see an improvement , or will the money be best spent on something else.

The edge SCT gives great performance so i was wondering if i need to upgrade to a better lens to compliment the scope.

Hi Leon, I haven't tried the Baader Aspheric, but personally I think you will be getting exactly the same views and there is absolutely no point in that, so in my opinion it would be a waste of money.  You only really need one or two widefields, and most important of all, keep the focal lengths apart.  As you will see from my signature, I too have the 32mm PanaView, but I have recently bought the Explore Scientific 82 degree 14mm ep for tight clusters and globulars.  Great.

Archived