SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light with the 28mm MV

Daniel-K

The Xmas tree is doing well, but the missus santa has done the right thing, one 28mm incoming. I only know because she could not be bothered with the hassle of ordering it, so she asked me to do it, a small penalty to pay I'd say  :D

You wont be dissapointed.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Michael, really look forward to this one.

wrt  stock levels, I actually enquired with optical systems . I ordered mine from there, but it is just a portal for explore scientific and got a email today from explore scientific stating that only 13 of the 28mm are left in stock.  No further info as to what that exactly means, literally all stock or ones they have just lying around ready to post. In any case, just to give the heads up for anyone wishing to grab the 28mm while it is still there are at these prices.

28mm in the scope as we speak :D

28mm arrived in the post as we speak :D That thing feels pretty hefty, but under Xmas tree it goes ( I did have a sneak peek to see what was in the box, ooh, nice and shiny, shhh, missus not at home ).

Wonder if this will be my first eyepiece where a bit of counter weight is going to be needed.

I have a chance to buy the entire set of these, but branded as the Meade 5000's. Includes the 40mm, 34mm, 28mm, 24mm, 20mm, 16mm and 2x Telextender. By all reports on here of these eyepieces, it sounds like I would be pleased with them?

I had first light with mine last night ... finally, the weather has been that poor. Conditions weren't the best to make a the best assessment, but loved every minute of it. Certainly helps with locating things a bit easier too. A productive night/early morning with it all in all, 7 new Messiers and a few more galaxies, not a bad start to warm up this new toy. Conditions weren't that great from the backyard, nevertheless the Leo triplet showed up nicely in it too.  The highlight was the Orion Nebula, even though I do not have a 2 inch filter, this target is a marriage made in heaven for this eyepiece. 

Plenty more good times to be had with this beast, should yield more impressive results under dark skies.  This will now be my mostly used low power weapon of choice I feel  :smiley:

I have a chance to buy the entire set of these, but branded as the Meade 5000's. Includes the 40mm, 34mm, 28mm, 24mm, 20mm, 16mm and 2x Telextender. By all reports on here of these eyepieces, it sounds like I would be pleased with them?

They are good but they are not going to beat your Ethos set surely ? - unless you have gone off 100 degree views !

I guess if you just like collecting eyepieces and have the money to burn then go ahead   :smiley:

I thought they might fill the gap between the 21 Ethos and the 31 Nagler, plus provide lower powers again. On further reflection, I think you're right John. I think I probably really don't require these and would be more collecting than filling gaps :)

I had first light with mine last night ... finally, the weather has been that poor. Conditions weren't the best to make a the best assessment, but loved every minute of it. Certainly helps with locating things a bit easier too. A productive night/early morning with it all in all, 7 new Messiers and a few more galaxies, not a bad start to warm up this new toy. Conditions weren't that great from the backyard, nevertheless the Leo triplet showed up nicely in it too.  The highlight was the Orion Nebula, even though I do not have a 2 inch filter, this target is a marriage made in heaven for this eyepiece. 

Plenty more good times to be had with this beast, should yield more impressive results under dark skies.  This will now be my mostly used low power weapon of choice I feel  :smiley:

Alex

Glad that It lived up to expectations.

I was going to wait for your report. Failed. Ordered one on Boxing Day.

Paul

Archived