Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thinking about getting a new Diagonal

mark RD

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One snag I didn't mention with putting the barlow in front of the diagonal is getting focus. Not all refractors have enough focus travel, the focus won't wind out enough. But you won't know until you try and it's definitely worth a go.

Some people stack barlows when imaging the planets. I tried it once and it was a complete disaester.

Russ

great, the tal is my fave becouse of how its been performing for me, but isnt the focus travel a little short on it, is that why the 100rs was brought out?

oh, that could be the barlow before diagonal plan blown out then :?

great, the tal is my fave becouse of how its been performing for me, but isnt the focus travel a little short on it, is that why the 100rs was brought out?

oh, that could be the barlow before diagonal plan blown out then :?

How about:

Telescope--------Barlow----Diagonal-----Barlow--------Empty Barlow-----eyepiece. :lol:

Caz

Just my opinion but unless you upgrade to a different type of scope

all together you won't gain anything by doing so.

Remember apart from myself & Spud,most of the guys that do observing and

imaging all use the same setup as yours.

There are 2 reasons for this one is cost the other is my first sentence in this post.

My 2p's worth.

Archived