Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello!

DanielMonk91

Evening all! I've been a keen amateur astronomer since the age of 10. I've been meaning to join stargazers lounge for some time, and now i have finally got around to doing it! I look forward to some deep astronomical discussions some time soon!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Daniel

Welcome from a near neighbour to SGL. You will get plenty of advice etc on here so enjoy.

I don't know if you are a member of the Sunderland Astro Society, but if not you should join as we meet regularly - if your interested let me know and I'll send you the details.

Brenda  :smiley:

Hello Brenda!

I'm not a member, but i have thought about it. That would be very kind of you if you did. I actually do a bit of voluntary work at the Kielder Observatory, so i'm extremely excited about the news today about the dark sky status! Have you been up to Kielder? since your from my neck of the wood?

Hi again

No I havn't been to Kielder Observatory, but I know they sometimes organise trips from SAS. I would be very interested to see it though. I think the Dark Sky status is wonderful for the area and it should increase tourism to Northumberland.

We have a lecture at SAS next Sunday at 7pm, at the Washington Wetlands. If it's clear skies the Observatory will be open - it's a 14in Meade so worth seeing that and meeting some new friends. Hope you can make it.

Hi,

I thought I'd better stick my own intro on before replying. Sounds like you could give this old man (me) loads of astronomical advice! I'm at the level of pointing the scope at random until I see something pretty!

That is the best way! who knows you may discover the next sun diving comet, or supernova in a distant galaxy!

Archived