Mount next steps

I currently have a SW130p on an eq3 pro, and that seems like a pretty good combination - fairly solid and I have been impressed by the 130p for such an entry level scope.

I have also recently acquired a Skywatcher Evostar 120 refractor with an upgraded dual speed focuser, and I have added a 2" dielectric diagonal.  Needless to say, the EQ3 isn't quite as solid with all that on it, and the slightest touch on the focuser induces some serious wobbles.....

At the moment I'm only using it for visual, but do have a DSLR and T mount/ring that I would like to use.

So I would appreciate some advice regarding my mount options.  Would an EQ5 give a noticeable improvement in rigidity? or do I need to be looking at HEQ5's or NEQ6's? Are there any alternative brands I should also consider?

Thanks

Another alternative is the Celestron CG5. It's the same mount as the EQ5 but is on a heavier duty tripod with 2" steel tubed legs and it's taller so more suited to refractors. I've had 5" and 6" refractors heavier and longer than the  Skywatcher 120 on a CG5 and it held them pretty steadily for visual observing.

I have been doing some research as I want upgrade without breaking the bank.

I have heard that the CG5 ie very noisy compared to Eq5.

The C VX competes with HEQ5 in terms of price and

payload, currently FLO has a VX with a 6inch newt for same price as a HEQ5 synscan.

For astrophotography a Eq5 / CG5 will hold upto limit of 100 frac, 130 newt, 150 cass. + finder guider/eos/dew etc (1.5 kg)

The HEQ5 / C VX will hold 120 ED, 200 newt, 250 cass, + finderguider/Eos etc.

If you plan on getting into using CCD + filters and things like Mak newt 190, 250 astrograph newt, 150 ED, then NQ6 is a must.

If you already have a eq3 then the HEQ5 syntrek is best option as it is about £100 cheaper and the handcontroller works on both.

Archived