Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Nebula on a perfect British night

antimorris

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yes. Or rather YES! I'm a CCD nut but you have caught a remarkable amount of outlying dust and that is not someting we see in many DSLR images. And you caught it without an insanely fast F ratio, too.

Chapeau, as they say in these parts!!

Olly

Awww thanks guys! I was quite pleased with the image as I really don't do much DSLR work and then to get Photo of the Month with it (just as we are moving back to America) was a superb way to cap my astro-imaging here in England! I appreciate all your comments and I will still be hanging around the forum even through I am moving across the pond (if you will have me still!)

Are you sure your DS7000 wasn't located somewhere in orbit ? That's an epic picture from any standpoint. What a great lesson... What are your views in mono images ? Although I like colour, somehow, I seem to prefer mono for some dso's.... Your views ? Perhaps when you have time, you might turn your Nikon to this task ?

Steve - Ah I can only dream of having a nice little orbiting location where I can sit above the earth and image and look down on our blue orb. Thanks so much for your comments (and everyone else - you guys are flooring me). I do occasionally keep it to mono imaging when I do ccd imaging, never reverted it to mono with the few DSLR images I have done. Might give it a try on the next one

Amazing imaging Anna ! :shocked:

I have not done imaging but appreciate this very much, Its a stunning image of an amazing bit of sky.  When observing this nebula I love to remember images as detailed as this, it helps to increase perception and appreciation of the structure.  

Thanks for posting it, you must be proud of it....and justifiably so

James

Absolutely Stunning Image. I saw your image in the new Sky At Night magazine i bought today. I'm just starting out this year, and I really take lots of inspiration from this. Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Archived