Man in the Moon - 7/12/2013

Luke

11275489663_204716309a_c.jpg

Please click image for higher res.

The shape of this one reminds me of classic moon face images. Apart from there is no eye, nose or lips :grin:

I didn't think it would be clear for long, so I used my grab and go ED80 and camera tripod for a three tile mosaic. I took 1700 frames for each tile, and stacked 25% of them.

---

7/12/2013
Onyx ED80 / Grasshoppper 3 (ICX687) / red filter / 1.7x Barlow

Hi Luke,

Very nice capture, as said previously , lots of detail.

I know your location is given as Bedfordshire, not sure where exactly but I was looking at another post http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/201691-this-afternoons-first-qtr-moon/ by tdnicholls who captured a very similar shot. They captured theirs at about 1500hrs today, what time did you capture yours. I was trying to identify the different features that are visible between the two images. Reason being that where ever you are located on the earth you always see the same "part" of the moon from your location, albeit a different part of the moon from elsewhere on the planet.

I can see differences in the two images even though there is very little distance between "somewhere" in Bedfordshire and where the other image was taken in Chelmsford.

Am I just going crazy :embarassed:

Ian

Thanks, all, most kind :smiley:

Ian, my shot was taken on Saturday, at 3:43pm, about 24 hrs earlier I think than the images by tdnicholls in the link. I didn't get around to processing it until today, though this is very fast for me :grin:  I still have solar shots way back from June to process! :eek:  :grin:

Archived