New guy from Lancashire

LightInsomnia

Hi

After being asked what I wanted for christmas, I thought telescope so the girlfriend has bought me a Celestron 114EQ. Can't use it till Christmas though so just my eyes and the bino's for now

Had an interest as a kid and just thought I'd get back into it

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

don't you just hate knowing you have a scope, but you

have to wait till Christmas day, I really hope the weather

is kind to you over the holiday period.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Welcome back, you do know that traditionally Boxing day morning is the poorest nights weather of the year.  There is normally a thick cloud over my head, viewing is at best blurry and for what ever reason the head thumps painfully until at least the hair of the dog, lunch time small tipple!

Clear skies :)

Welcome , i just joined today and its a friendly place , i have had some good advice already  and have ordered a recommended  book to get me going with my camera on my new scope. Enjoy your Xmas pressie. I buy a Xmas pressie for me from me every year and hide the price from the wife, normally a guitar or a Lens for my camera, this year was the ultimate, my new mount and scope. Enjoy.

Cheers for the welcomes guys. Waiting for a clear night so I can get dizzy looking up.

I've got an astro-calendar from the fed of astro societies, a phillips book is on it's way, already got bino's and a load of warm clothing from my carp fishing

One of my skylights, in the house, faces north so going to start looking for Ursa Major and hop from there

Kev

Archived