Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Mosaic Project - 11 Panels

Hytham

An update on this mammoth of a project.  For those of you that are aware this is one of my long term projects that is covering 30 panels of the winter sky starting in Orion and making its way into Monoceros capturing an extraordinarily beautiful area of the sky.  So much Ha and neat little objects that I personally have never seen before.  There's a really cool one by Betelgeuse that looks like a planetary nebula - I'll have to crop it out as it's fairly small and tough to find in a field this large.

I've added another 5 panels for a total off 11 in what little imaging time we're allowed in the northern hemisphere due to the adorable cold that accompanies the winter months.  The latest 5 panels were imaged in -20C weather.  Not too bad for this Canadian :)

Thank you for looking and as always, please feel free to criticize.  I'm all ears!

33h total integration time

20m sub exposures

3 rows x 4 columns

-Hytham

Small:
get.jpg

Large:
get.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, everyone!  I appreciate it.  I just want this cold snap we're having here to go away so I can make some legitimate progress.

So here is the interesting little ring structure I was referring to in my original post.

Betelgeuse is to the top left, but if you have a look to the bottom right there is a peculiar ring like structure ... what is it?

Anyone have any clue?  Planetary neb?

Full size:
get.jpg

Thank you, everyone!  I appreciate it.  I just want this cold snap we're having here to go away so I can make some legitimate progress.

So here is the interesting little ring structure I was referring to in my original post.

Betelgeuse is to the top left, but if you have a look to the bottom right there is a peculiar ring like structure ... what is it?

Anyone have any clue?  Planetary neb?

Full size:

get.jpg

Perhaps it's M78, it looks remarkably like M57 but that is completely the wrong part of the sky!

Archived