Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Its Monkey Business Time Again NGC 2174-5 NOW THE RIGHT WAY UP

CELESCOPE

Cant believe my luck,another clear night , time to brush up on ,and replace all the old images taken at 45 secs , love getting this one , the good old Monkey Nebula , only this time i gave it 4 hours of Exposure , Subs ranging from 15 to 20 mins again, seems to be the sweet spot for me.as usual i used the High -Alpha 6Nm, imaged with the ED80 Equinox, and guided with the C11 QHY5 and PHD.Unbinned.

Cheers

Rog

3051_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Right way up for martin who is standing on his head

3053_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a very bright object this Rog. Not one we see very often, in fact I can only recall it being imaged by you, But I mmight be wrong there.

Your guiding is immaculate, the stars are just spot on. As amatter of interest Rog. What is the magnitude of the Monkey, and is it at all visible in an eyepiece.

Another point which you may laugh at, I can only get it to look like a monkey, If I turn it 180 degrees. :D:rolleyes:

Don't let my foolishness detract from what is a truly splendid piece of work.

Ron. :rolleyes:

I,m at work Steve , just noticed it , well i dont know to be honest , never noticed it on my puters at home , but it was late last night doing the processing, well it was for me anyway , as i,m up before 5 am . maybe its some alien being there Ohhhh ,heheeh ,i will sort it when i get home ,

Rog

Yet another cracker Rog. Keep 'em coming mate.

Excellent image of another nebula I know nothing about! A very nice image indeed with loads of detail.

Not a criticism just a point of interest in case you need to check it out - what is the artifact at 8 o'clock in the image?

It's clearly the Tardis! WHAT A CAPTURE!!!

Kaptain Klevtsov

heheheh well dave get that sorted then ehhehehe anyway i have put this image the right way up for Martin

Well thanks for ignoring me Rog. I post first, right after you posted your image. Tell you It's upside down, ask you what magnitude it is, and you completely ignore me. Oh, what have I done to have offended thee so.

Now I am really miffed, and I am off to weep buckets of despair.

I shall save all my plaudits for all the other imagers now.

A very despondent Ron. :rolleyes::D

oh my god , Ron dont do this mate , hang on mag is around , well in my celestron the star it says mag 30 , i find that hard to believe Ron,although very faint i would imagine this could be visible in dark skies fairly easy, the core or bright part would be visible in my opinion , but it does have some very faint outer parts that would be hard to see

I really forgot Ron pressure of work etc ,nagging wife , you name it , wondering where to get the money for my new camera all these things Ron,anyway its the right way now .

Hope i am forgiven now

Rog :D

oh my god , Ron dont do this mate , hang on mag is around , well in my celestron the star it says mag 30 , i find that hard to believe Ron,although very faint i would imagine this could be visible in dark skies fairly easy, the core or bright part would be visible in my opinion , but it does have some very faint outer parts that would be hard to see

I really forgot Ron pressure of work etc ,nagging wife , you name it , wondering where to get the money for my new camera all these things Ron,anyway its the right way now .

Hope i am forgiven now

Rog :D

Ah, my wounds are healed and I am well again.

Nagging wife indeed, I bet she never utters a wrong word. Now worrying about the new camera, I can understand that.

Thanks Rog. your a gent. :rolleyes:

Nice pictures. I thought the monkey was the right way up in the second image. The way I see it, the head is tucked in just behind the shoulders in the upper left looking away, the body is curled around to the right, and the monkey is sitting on it's haunches, legs out to the lower left. I guess all these things are in the eye of the beholder.

Here is how it looks. He is looking over his Right Shoulder

Ron. :D

3084_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Sorry but I disagree with you Ron

Where you say the mouth is is where I plainly see its forehead the other arrow pointing to the face is the correct area although to short

respectfully mate

I have just had my good lady looking at it as a referee, and she looked at it for the first time, and I am afraid she agrees with your version.

I see the monkey as more like a Baboon, sitting looking over his right shoulder, as depicted in my reprint.

When my wife traced out what she sees, I agree that there is a monkey like face there.

So we will have to re name this the Baboon Monkey Nebula.

With many apologies to Rog. for messing about with his Image.

Sorry Rog. :D

Ron.

Archived