Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Narrowband Heart nebula (IC1805)

Martin-Devon

Last Friday night was just perfect, no Moon, no clouds and no wind - a very rare situation for South West of the UK. Whilst waiting for Orion to peep up, I took some narrowband data on the Heart nebula, just 8x10 min of H-alpha & 8x10 min of OIII. Processed in Hubble palette, and the colours seemed to come out OK, just wondering now if I should have added SII as well... 

Thanks for looking,

Martin

11150523353_9ff2767005_b.jpg

Absolutely stunning, Martin, with terrific contrast and great colours.

I've just posted my version with 12 hours of data and it's not a patch on your rendition...

Congratulations - that's some very fine work, sir!

That is an amazing shot.  You take shots like that while outside my house there is a thick layer of cloud.  Not that I could ever capture that with my current set up.  Its definitely true that Astrophotography is addictive and hard on the wallet . . .

Many thanks for the feedback from everybody - it's really appreciated.

Hermann: you asked about scope/camera, these were as detailed in my signature. I use the reducer with my scope to get a wider field and here the Tak 106 works at F 3.6, so it's really great at hoovering up the photons. I only have just under 3 hours of data in total though, and it shows. There's no substitute for longer exposures; you can sometimes get "passable" images in 30 minutes if you want to, but to get depth of quality, reduce noise even further & tease out those faint details, the longer overall capture times are really necessary and this is where my image could stil be improved upon. 

Martin

Archived