SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The next big comet?

Just wondered... Is anything else predicted over the next fee years? Or even and known orbital paths in 20yrs? Obviously ison was only discovered last yr so anything can happen... Just wondering which i should be looking forward to next :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The thing with comets is that they are unpredictable.  The ones we know about are not going to be spectacular.  The spectacular ones comes out of nowhere (well the Oort cloud where we can't see them) and take everybody by surprise.

There is also an amount of personal luck in being in the right place at the right time. 

Personally the comets you could go out night after night that I have seen are:

Bennet, Hyakutake, Hale-Bopp.

The comets I was in the right place at the right time and saw them clearly with the naked eye at sunset are:

McNaught, PanSTARRS

Comets I have had to find

Halley, Lovejoy (C/2013/R1) and PanSTARRS after my first sighting.  I looked for McNaught again but never found it.

I heard valleys wasnt going to be up to much next time around? So literally we are waiting for the next big discovery all of other time? No orbital returns due.

Ah well... Heroes hoping for another hale bopp!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Archived