Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
polaris_jerry

Unstacked and stacked images from PD1 camera

Hi all

At someone's recommendation on SGL I recently got a PD1 astrovideo camera for the school astronomy club that I run.

I tested it out on Friday night and was amazed by the quality of the images.  To be able to "see" the horsehead nebula live was fantastic.

I've attached a series of "raw" unprocessed images as seen on the screen with a set of processed images based on 2000 frames per object.

The images were all taken with the PD1 attached to my MN190 and a 0.5x converter.  (With the exception of the one using a small 13mm lens)

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

You've got some great images there... we do have a dedicated 'Video Astronomy' section here where there are quite a few folks with PD1 camera's so it would be worth asking a Mod to move this thread to the VA section - where I'm sure you would get plenty of folks giving you feedback.  :smiley:

Cheers

Steve

Great results Jerry - you must have pretty dark skies!!

As Steve suggested why not have a look at the Video Astronomy section.

Clear skies

Paul

Will do guys, thanks.

Yep I've got nice dark skies.  I'm not actually in a dark sky site but I'm surrounded by them!  (Kielder, Ennerdale & Galloway)