Cute Little 4:3 3.5" Monitor

Macavity

can you really see the stars with this, or are you plugging a better cam into it.?

No - Not advocating it as a primary monitor. I was looking for a SMALL screen for "test purposes".

Currently on "soak test" here. My generation still finds miniature electronics vaguely amazing? :D

I snapped this pic of my little 3.5" monitor with my IPhone.  It's currently connected to a sdc-435 on my finder scope.  It works really well for this, and actually provides nice views through the finder scope.  I was actually surprised by the image.  The little "X" in the middle is used as crosshairs.

post-32769-0-13245800-1386077333_thumb.j

Yep, looks like it works good Lee.

Since mine broke I use one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-5-Inch-Black-N-White-Amtel-502-Tv-/251392717480

They give a superb sharp image and show more detail than the LCD ones, and in a shorter integration time.

They can be found as cheap as $5

Ebay has stacks of them brand new for around $20

Nice option for a remote finder setup, but mine is actually attached to the scope.  So I needed something light weight, and it is super light weight.  That is a very good price for a little B/W crt, could be a great option for some!

Archived