SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M1 with SDC435

DoctorD

Hi Guys

Here's a single frame capture of M1 taken with my SW102MAK with F3.3 reducer on Synscan AZ mount with SDC435 video camera at x512 (10 second integration) and max SSNR.

Not bad considering it was just above a LP sodium lamp!

No adjustments (just converted to JPEG)

Also manage to "see" NGC40 - unfortunately the tracking on the mount started playing up so no decent screen grab but I could definitely see the red colour.

Should have the Minitower back next week - so should be able to get the C8 back out. 

M1 2013 11 29 23:13:10 - Single Frame Screen Grad

I know it won't win any prizes, but it's still M1 seen near live from a light polluted garden!

Clear skies

Paul

Hi Ant

Thanks!

It won't take long - I think your going to need an IR filter for your camera or if you have any significant light pollution I'd recommend the Baader Moon and Skyglow (neodynium sp.) with built in IR filter.

Keep the SCB200 on manual - set the AGC to HIGH, initially turn off SSDR and SSNR.

Locate your target with the EXPOSURE set to manual x16 or x24 then gradually increase to x256 or x512.

Once you have the target on screen, have a play with the SSNR - the above picture was taken with it set to the maximum of 30. This can take a long time (several minutes) to settle down but will reduce the noise considerably.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi Guys

Here's a single frame capture of M1 taken with my SW102MAK with F3.3 reducer on Synscan AZ mount with SDC435 video camera at x512 (10 second integration) and max SSNR.

Not bad considering it was just above a LP sodium lamp!

No adjustments (just converted to JPEG)

Also manage to "see" NGC40 - unfortunately the tracking on the mount started playing up so no decent screen grab but I could definitely see the red colour.

Should have the Minitower back next week - so should be able to get the C8 back out. 

I know it won't win any prizes, but it's still M1 seen near live from a light polluted garden!

Clear skies

Paul

nice capture of the Crab nebula Paul!

Chris

Archived