SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anticlimax Saturday

shifter

After all the hype about Saturday night going to be clear it turned out to be quite a disappointment. I spent 3 hours imaging in Ha on ic410 only to find that something had gone completely a**e up because although the subs individually looked ok when it came to stacking them the combined image looked absolutely atrocious so that was 3 hours in the bin. :D:rolleyes: On top of this the clouds kept rolling over and at one point a sharp shower caught me completely off guard (I've never stowed away the equipment so fast). Anyway after what seemed an age of waiting I only managed 15 minutes of subs on M42. A very disappointing night all in all but on the up side the new guide cam (QHY5) performed superbly under PHD (couldn't get it to work properly with maxim, any pointers on this would be gratefully received). I'll write something a bit more in depth about the QHY5 when I get a chance to really put it through its paces.....

.....Brian.....

subs, 15x60sec @ 1600

Image scope LXD55 SN10 on an EQ-6 Pro

Guide scope ED80-Pro and QHY5 cam

Camera Canon 350d + Neodymium LP filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

Proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

3021_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived