Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2237 Rosette Nebula - ** HOLY COW! **

SteveL

First light with new kit... and WHAT A FIRST LIGHT... I defy you to not look at this with your jaw open, saying "WOW!", considering this was only an hours worth of subs. I`ll write a better review of the kit tomorrow, I`m still shattered from the overnight session

OTA: NS8GPS @ f/2 (Hyperstar v3)

Guiding: William Optics ZenithStar 66 SD + DSI-C + PHD

RGB Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 20 x 180s, CLS filter

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker (2x drizzle)

Post Process: ImagesPlus (2x2 bin) + PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools

This image goes out to Greg Parker / Cybermystic for all his help with my questions :D

(Clickon the image for the HUGE version)

ngc2237_rosette_cls_20x180s_small.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's like looking at heaven itself. That really is an awesome image. Anyone not moved by that has to be comatose.

You are getting very serious with this imaging now young Steve. That has to make the S@N Main pages.

Ron.

Absolutely stunning. There's a guy at my local Astro society who sold his scopes years ago. 'What's the point in having them when you can sit in the comfort of your own home and see superb images on the internet?' is his point of view. He has a point I reckon.

Ha ha only one hour!! That's like 9 hours at F6! That new hyperstar looks awesome, the stars a flat across the field. Perhaps I should have kept my NS8 :shock: I used to use fastar which was great with a web cam sized chip but I couldn't get it collimated adequately with the SXV H9, had lots of vignetting and awful gradients. The hyperstar certainly looks like a big advance. Hard work on the old focusing though.

You are going to get some fantastic results with that set up, just the job for our climate.

The diffraction spikes work well, what is causing them?

The spikes are being caused by the camera and associated cables sticking out the front of the corrector plate. I`ll be posting a review later

Archived