Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

She's Cracked

Billy- the -Badger

Well finally the months of Subliminal Messages have paid off.

Got the nod from the Memsaab last night and went SILLY

Here's the list

Altair Wave series 115 F7 ED Triplet apo

HEQ5 PRO Synscan

Altair 60mm Miniguider

Canon 1100D Body only (astro modded)

Pixinsight Licence

Backyard eos Licence

And a T Ring

So in conclusion I would like to apologise for the cloudy nights for the foreseeable future.

THE BOXES ARE COMING WOOHOO  !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so now I'm officially freaked out.

As part of a casual conversation I happened to mention that I was concerned that my webcam may not be up to the job of autoguiding.

And the wifes reaction to this was.....

Well go buy a better one.

Am I dreaming.

Two thoughts spring to mind...

1 what's she after :-) ?

2 get in there before she changes her mind!

I feel your pain, how darn typical!

Last night was good though - finally some clear skies, despite the clouds trying to mess things up as soon as everything was set up. I did learn one thing - make sure the camera battery has enough charge for the imaging run you intend to attempt. Flashing battery icon after about an hour, so I suspended the image run, popped out the battery, replaced with new one. Couldn't reconnect camera to BackyardEOS and PHD froze... Had to restart the laptop, redo tracking and finally get imaging again. A long and easily avoidable pause in the process and lost quite a bit of imaging time.

I guess we do learn from our mistakes though!

The very best of luck! It is one steep learning curve, but the view gets better the higher you climb (at least, my view in the foothills is better than it was at the bottom of the valley! The summit is very much in the far distance at massive altitude and seems to always be covered in cloud!!!).

Archived