Camera T ring
Baader solar film
Upgraded latitude bolts
Baader Neodymium filter
Skywatcher UHC filter
Moon filter
Books - Turn left at Orion, Making every photon count
Tripod camera mount for wide field photography attached to scope rings
Support ring around optical tube to allow scope to be rotated without upsetting the balance

I got outbid by one of those last second bid bots and it went for £870.

I do not have enough posts on here yet to access the For Sale Section so do not really have much frame of reference for used costs. I'll get the post count eventually but do not want to just comment yes/no or nice image just to get the count up. So out of interest just wondered about this lost sale

That would have been a good purchase at that price. Typical guide to used prices is 60-70% of new for kit that's in good condition. A rough guesstimate that's about £1,600's worth new so £870 is about 55%. 

Ah well, you win some etc. Thanks for the replies. It wasn't my first choice as I still fancy the 80 EDS Pro and EQ5 HD Mount package from FLO, as it supposed to be good for astrophotography, but not sure if I want to go over a bag of sand which is why I am still keen on the used market.

yeah but you have to factor in how much of that stuff do you need ? I would suggest if AP is you interest then the EPs are pointless, EPs are notoriously geared to an individuals taste anyway and so you you may not have liked the ones in the bag of bits.  The secondary mirror heater is probably a waste of time as is the dew heater for a newt. And so on  - me personally wouldn't be over fussed about the solar film or the filters either

So you MAY have missed a bargain but to be honest there's always another one that comes along on eBay sooner or later.

I wouldn't worry about it - second hand newts with EQ6s come up quite often and if, as you say, you really want an ED80 then its probably a good thing it sold.

yeah but you have to factor in how much of that stuff do you need ? I would suggest if AP is you interest then the EPs are pointless, EPs are notoriously geared to an individuals taste anyway and so you you may not have liked the ones in the bag of bits.  The secondary mirror heater is probably a waste of time as is the dew heater for a newt. And so on  - me personally wouldn't be over fussed about the solar film or the filters either

So you MAY have missed a bargain but to be honest there's always another one that comes along on eBay sooner or later.

I wouldn't worry about it - second hand newts with EQ6s come up quite often and if, as you say, you really want an ED80 then its probably a good thing it sold.

That is good to know. Until I start to get to know what all the different parts are they all sound good lol. Thanks for your reply

What interests me about that bag of equipment is it is a whole collection rather than a garage sale due to an upgraded scope. Someone evidently had gotten out of astronomy.

Sure more deals will come along soon and maybe better to buy individual pieces that you're really after.

But it did sound like a decent price for all those wonderful toys! Good luck.

What interests me about that bag of equipment is it is a whole collection rather than a garage sale due to an upgraded scope. Someone evidently had gotten out of astronomy.

Sure more deals will come along soon and maybe better to buy individual pieces that you're really after.

But it did sound like a decent price for all those wonderful toys! Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I did ask him to contact me if the bot sale fell through, was outbid by £5, but he might have had another £50 in reserve lol

Archived