Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible New Astronomy Club in the South Reading/Arborfield/Eversley Area

Sharpe

Hi guys,

I am thinking about organising a Stargazing Club in my area. I just wanted to put an expression of interest on the forums to see if anyone would be interested in an astronomy group South of Reading, say in the area of Spencers Wood,  Arborfield, Eversley and Highfield Park.

My intention would be to run a group that would get together on a semi-regular basis between say September and May. It would also provide a local network that can get together on a more ad-hoc basis when weather conditions are more favourable.

I would like to make arrangements for a venue in the vicinity near some reasonably dark skies to accommodate us - but before I do this I would like to get an idea of what (if any) interest there would be in such a venture.

Please post below or send me a private message if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Sharpe

Hi Sharpe,

Apologies if I appear rude but there is Reading Astronomy Society. Main meetings are on the third Saturday of the month* from September to June, and they also have a Basics section aimed at 'newbies' on the third Friday.

Here is the link to it: http://www.readingastro.org.uk

* in December it will be the second Saturday...

Archived