Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Wescombe

Apollo 15x70's - Very Impressed!

After quite a bit of reading about the types and quality and IPD of binoculars etc and after a bit of worrying I decided to just take the plunge and get the Apollo 15x70's and I have to say, very awesome!

They have certainly impressed friends and family even from a light polluted back garden but took them out to a dark site last night (albeit the moon was sometimes popping out from behind clouds) but incredible just how much extra detail you can see with them. The moon craters look especially impressive against the dark side of the moon :)

Not sure I can hold them up for a long time though, heavier than I thought they would be so getting a Manfrotto 628b monopod will grip ball head on it.

Play with this a while I think and then look for an astrophotography setup.

• Like 3

Congrats on those new binoculars. Even when you get your telescope set-up, you will keep enjoying them, I do not doubt. I do not think I will ever tire of using this kind of instrument. I have been doing most of my nighttime observing this fall with the bins, as the weather has been so patchy. The C8 has been outside once (in September), but the bins allow me to make use of every short patch of clear sky.

• Like 4

You will have many enjoyable nights with the Helios Apollo 15x70s, Got a pair on a binocular mount and there awesome! :)